Kings acknowledge domestic violence claim against Holmes

Posted: 25/03/2022 in NBA
Tags: , , , , ,

The Sacramento Kings acknowledged recent public revelations regarding center Richaun Holmes‘ absence from the team.

“The entire Sacramento Kings organization would like to express our strong stance against any form of assault and domestic violence,” the team said in a statement, per The Athletic’s Jason Jones. “We respect the legal process and will continue to monitor the situation closely.”

Holmes is currently in a child custody battle with his ex-wife, according to court documents reviewed by the Sacramento Bee’s Robin Epley. Allexis Holmes claims the NBA player took “out his frustration” on their 6-year-old son in February, causing him to bleed after a blow to the head. Holmes denies the accusation. He’s been ordered to stay away from his ex-wife and son until a court appearance later in March.

The 28-year-old acknowledged the ongoing legal proceedings Wednesday evening in now-deleted tweets.

“I never respond to allegations, but when it comes to my son, I gotta speak,” Holmes said, per Epley. “You have to be goofy as hell to believe that about me … my heart BEATS for my son. I live this very life to see him happy and could never raise a hand to harm him EVER.”

The Kings initially announced March 18 that Holmes would miss the remainder of the 2021-22 season due to unspecified personal reasons. In a statement through the team at the time, Holmes thanked “everyone for their support during these difficult times.” The Kings previously said they “fully” supported him.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s